Membership Services Team Member Sydney says she loves oatmeal (and breakfast, for that matter), likely more than the average person. And we believer her, she even has her own special spoon. 😉 She has been including this fall-ish oatmeal in her rotation, so we asked her to share!
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 or 2 spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
- Scoop of protein powder (I use Snickerdoodle flavor)
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger, to taste
- Optional: 1 to 2 Tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter) and drizzle of maple syrup
1. Add chopped apple to a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon, and stir to coat. Microwave for about 1 minute, or until soft, and set aside.
2. Cook oats according to package or to desired consistency. Stir in chia seeds, pumpkin, protein powder, and ground spices to taste.
3. Top with warm cinnamon apples, peanut butter, and maple syrup as desired.
Sydney is a part of our Membership Services Team. She is also a Registered Dietician and serves as the Nutrition Editor at BistroMD.