If you don’t know where to start with eating better or are feeling frustrated with the process, try doing this: eat more mindfully.
By eating mindfully I mean don’t worry so much about what you eat, but instead focus more on why you are eating what you eat and how you are eating.
Consider these things:
- Ask yourself if you are physically hungry (or is it something else)? If it is something else, try to figure out what that is. Be aware of patterns and triggers of emotional eating.
- When you eat, just sit and eat. Stop multitasking and see what happens. You’ll feel more satisfied and may even eat less.
- Eat slowly and savor your food. Enjoy the flavors.
- If it doesn’t taste good anymore, stop eating it. Make sure your last bite tastes as good as your first bite.
- Understand how that food makes you feel. Does it give you energy and satisfy you, or does it make you feel bad?
You are going to learn a lot that can help you improve your nutrition just by taking the time to be a little more mindful. It’s a great place to start and should most definitely be a part of your nutrition. So maybe instead of reaching for another diet or meal plan, just start with mindful eating.
If you’d like more nutrition and mindset tips, then join me for You Are Awesome. It’s a free 3-day course with lessons delivered right to your inbox starting this Wednesday. Find out more here.